Untame Belize COVID19 Updates
KEEPING YOU SAFE WHILST YOU ENJOY BELIZE WORRY-FREE
BELIZE COVID19 UPDATES
Since Belize's Philip Goldson International Airport re-opening on October 1st, 2020 after it closed in mid-march due to the outbreak of the contagious COVID-19 virus; various enhanced health and safety protocols have been put in place for both travelers and business owners. The opening of the international airport kicked-off Belize’s third phase of re-opening, allowing for further travel relaxation and open entry for chartered flights, private aviation, and limited re-opening of international leisure travel with approved gold standard hotels only.
Since the PGIA reopened for international visitors, UNTAME Belize Tours and Transfers resumed its
services. Our company has since established some health and safety measures to avoid the spread
of the deadly COVID-19 virus to protect the well-being of our Belizeans and visitors.
UNTAME Belize COVID19 Health and Safety Measures:
- Our vans will be sanitized, disinfected, and cleaned properly after each tour/transfer.
- Hand sanitizer will be available inside the van at all times. Guests must sanitize their hands
before entering the van.
- A Plastic sheet will be placed between the driver’s area and the guests. No guests will be
allowed to sit in the front seat with the driver.
- The driver will be wearing masks and gloves at all times. Guests must also wear masks when in
public spaces especially if doing a tour.
- UNTAME Belize will only be offering private tours and transfers services. Due to the COVID-19
restrictions implemented by the Government of Belize, we can no longer offer shared tours and
transfers services until further notice.
In addition, UNTAME Belize has been awarded the Tourism Gold Standard Certificate by the Belize Tourism Board. As Belize reopens its international airport, the Belize Tourism Board has created a “Tourism Gold Standard” Recognition program to enhance Tour Operators for the safety of travelers. These new protocols are focused on enhanced tour operator sanitation practices, social interactions, workplace policies, and standard operating procedures while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience. The 9-Point program introduces enhanced health and safety standards for tour operators by adopting new behaviors to ensure both travelers and employees are confident in the cleanliness and safety of tour experiences. UNTAME Belize has met the program’s 9-pointers, therefore, they have been
awarded the Tourism Gold Standard.
Belize Tourism Gold Standard Tour Operators Are Those That:
- Have a “Gold Standard Program Manager” who implements protocols and ensures compliance.
- Implement Monitoring & Reporting – to conduct non-invasive temperature checks and utilize
the Ministry of Health App.
- Ensure Social Distancing protocols for workers and visitors.
- Implement enhanced cleaning & sanitization procedures such as increased disinfection of
common areas, face masks, and personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees, visitors,
- Have a response plan should there be any suspected cases?
- Ensure clear and consistent communication with employees and guests.
- Have sanitization stations.
- Have digital technologies for transactions and online bookings.
- Implement a training plan for employees to ensure preparedness to manage new protocols.
Untame belize is gold standard certified by the belize tourism board
Travelers will be able to enjoy their Belize vacation while being confident their safety is the tour operator’s top priority. UNTAME Belize is a premier, licensed, private tour company, that provides International Airport Transfers and excursions in Belize. We strive to provide top quality service
to our clients on every occasion whether it is an airport transfer or transport to the amazing sites of Belize.
Belize Entry Requirements:
BEFORE VISITING BELIZE:
- Book your Belize Tours using a Belize Tourism Gold Standard approved tour operator. Untame Belize is an approved Belize Gold Standard approved tour operator.
- Take COVID-19 PCR test within 94 hours (or 4 days) of travel. Rapid Antigen, Sophia, SD Bisensor, ABBOT (Panbio) test results will also be accepted no more than 48 hours prior to travel. If no PCR test is presented, you will take a mandatory COVID19 test at the Belize airport at a cost of USD $50 per person.
- If you enter Belize through the airport and provide proof of COVID19 immunization, you are no longer required to present a negative test result for entry. Belize will accept an official card reflecting the receipt of the two dose vaccine or the single dose vaccine atleast two (2) weeks prior to arrival.
- Follow all protocols of airlines and airport in originating city. Wear your mask, practice physical distancing and get ready to enjoy your Belize experience.
YOUR STAY IN BELIZE:
- Arrival at BTB Gold Standards approved hotel
- Face masks are mandatory in all public spaces
- Belize health app will check in daily (by Unique # and Geo ping)
- You can now move around freely but you are highly encouraged to remain within the safe
corridor and utilize Gold Standard restaurants, tour operators like UNTAME Belize Tours &
Transfers, gift shops, and certified transportation.
For USA AND UK travelers: Take COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours (or 3 days) of travel. Rapid Antigen, Sophia, SD Biosensor, ABBOT (Pan bio) test results will also be accepted no more than 48 hours prior to travel. If no PCR test is presented, you will not be allowed to board the airplane.